Mr. Hucker was born on Nov. 26, 1916, in St. Louis, Missouri, the oldest of three children delivered to Edward C. and Katy V. Hucker. He graduated from Brackenridge High School in San Antonio, Texas, received the Bachelor of Architecture degree from the A and M College of Texas (now Texas A&M University) and the Master of Arts degree in Economics from the West Texas State University.
He served his country as an Army Signal Corps Officer in World War II.
Mr. Hucker served his community as member of the Potter County Red Cross Board, member of the first C.A.R.E. committee, Chairman of the City of Amarillo Planning and Zoning Commission, member of the Amarillo Airport Board, President of the Board of the Amarillo Art Center (now Amarillo Museum of Art), member of the Downtown American Business Club, President of the Exchange Club and President of the Tascosa Country Club. After retirement, he spent two years in the H.O.S.T.S. program at San Jacinto School.
He served his profession as President of the Texas Panhandle Chapter, American Institute of Architects, and Vice President of the Texas Society of Architects.
As an architect, the firms in which he was a principal designed the Amarillo City Hall, Tascosa High School, the Potter County Courts Building, the Texas A&M Extension Center, four buildings on the Medical Center in Amarillo, and twelve buildings on the Campus of West Texas A&M University, among others.
As an artist, his drawings and paintings hang in private collections in North Carolina, Texas, Arizona, Colorado and California.
In July of 1941, he married Margaret Moore, better known to all as Smokey, and the couple has one daughter, Sharon (Sally) Crouch, of Laguna Beach, California, and one grandson, Christopher Todd Crouch.
He was preceded in death by his greatly loved Smokey; and his brother, Charles.
He is survived by his loving daughter, son-in-law, grandson, and his sister, Lois Werckle, of San Jose, California.
Services will be private, and the family suggests that any memorials by friends be given to charities of their choice.